The Computer Systems Technologist provides system administration and hands on support for Citrix and Windows workstations and users. The Technologist will conduct system installations, system re-imaging, data recovery, hardware diagnostic testing, network printer/copier setup and repair and VOIP maintenance. The Technologist is also responsible for data management and system backups and provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
Essential Functions (For consideration, a resume must accompany your response to this posting)
- Support end users by answering information technology-related questions and addressing concerns and/or technical issues related to desktop computers, software, mobile devices, software and mobile devices
- Provide technical assistance to the user community by answering calls, emails, support requests, and walk-ins and documenting the details
- Setup and configure PCs, printers, peripherals, wireless access points, etc.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive documentation
- Perform application installations and maintenance
- Provide hands-on assistance with device operation and rules for use including assisting with mobile device and computer system password resets
- Facilitate adds, moves and changes for end users
- Support patches/upgrades
- Research, implement, monitor, manage, patch, and troubleshoot various Microsoft products
- Research new hardware and software packages which could add value to the organization
- Review logs and vulnerabilities, identify potential issues, and engineer solutions to mitigate those issues
- Set up AV equipment in conference/boardrooms
- May work with hardware vendors to troubleshoot workstation issues and coordinate technician visits
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in help desk and/or system administration
- Working experience and knowledge of Windows 7/8/10 and Mac computers
- Working experience and knowledge of Windows server (2008/12) operating systems including, active directory, organizational units, group policy, file system structures and NTFS permissions
- Hands-on working experience with workstations and mobile devices (IOS and Android) with the ability to troubleshoot and solve basic technical problems at the hardware and software level
- Working experience using Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and familiarity with setting up and troubleshooting email and calendars
- Familiarity with IPv4 addressing and how to configure devices using static and dynamic methods
- Knowledge of data backup technologies, systems, principles, policies, and safeguards
- Experience with disk imaging packages such as Acronis, Symantec, Macrium and with creating, restoring and testing data sets
- Experience in a customer support role, with a focus on listening, knowledge sharing, maintaining professionalism, and explaining technical information to a non-technical audience
- Experience multi-tasking and following pre-defined guidelines to adjust workload as needed in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Knowledge of virtual computing technologies such as VMware, Hyper-V, etc.
- Knowledge and working experience of audio visual equipment, such as projectors, HD TVs and video conferencing units
- Working experience using online meeting applications such as WebEx, GoToMeeting, etc.
- Familiarity with Antivirus software and remediation methods
- Able to describe PC architecture and operation
- Familiarity with switches, firewalls, routers, and their basic operation
PREFERRED EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- College degree in information technology or related field
- CCNA or MCSA a plus
- Pharmaceutical industry experience
No agencies please.
Aptinyx provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Aptinyx complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Aptinyx expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.